Long Man is a civil parish in the Wealden District of East Sussex. It includes the villages of Folkington, Wilmington and Milton Street. The parish is named after the Long Man of Wilmington, a 227ft (69.2.) chalk figure within the parish. The parish was formed in April 1999 from and the population is around 450 residents.
The place name ‘Wilmington’ is first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it appears as Wineltone and Wilminte. It also appears in 1212 in the Book of Fees. The name means the ‘the town or settlement of Wighelm’s or Wilhelm’s people.
The parish is currently represented by seven councillors; four from Wilmington, two from Milton Street and one from Folkington.